Could you join our amazing team of volunteers?
We are currently in need of volunteers to help us across our projects
- We are looking for several individuals on a Monday morning; one to cook some breakfasts and another to run the cafe, make hot drinks, take orders and money. This could be every week or on a rota basis.
- We are also looking for a cafe coordinator, to come in once a week outside of operating times, to check that there is adequate stock for the cafe sessions, do shopping as appropriate, ensure the relevant paperwork is available, to source any additional equipment that might be needed and oversee general organisation. This does would suit someone who needs some flexibility about when they volunteer or who wants to support us but would like an independent, quieter role. You will need to use initiative, work well independently, and have good organisation skills.
Rushden Night Shelter:
- Do you have a few spare evenings or nights a month to spend with our residents? We are looking for individuals to can do meet and greet, fill in paperwork, support clients, do necessary health and safety checks and be there to help and talk to residents. The shifts are an evening shift (6pm-10pm) and the (sleeping) night shift which is 10pm-9am. You are also welcome to do both!
- If you would prefer to support us during the day, we are looking for a trustworthy individual to support our day staff with some administration, do the food shopping for the residents, organise donations, answer the telephones and anything else that might crop up. This role is hugely beneficial as it frees up our staff time to finding permanent accommodation for those in the night shelter.
*NEW* Corby Night Shelter:
- We are due to open a new night shelter in Corby this winter. If you have the time to get involved, please get in touch urgently. We need volunteers for the following:
- Evening shift – 6pm-10pm
- Night/sleeping shift – 10pm-8:30am/9am
- Saturday and Sunday mornings – 8:30am/9am – 12noon (or to suit you)
- Admin/shopping volunteer – time to suit you
- Translator – time to suit you
- Any other support, skills and knowledge you might be able to share with us would be incredibly useful. Please get in touch
- We are always looking for individuals to do pick ups from supermarkets on week day mornings for us or even to work generating these relationships with supermarkets.
- Do you have any other skills you think would be beneficial? Could you do some social media work or some fundraising for us? Get in touch!
How to apply:
To apply, please download our application form which includes our equal opportunity monitoring and our data consent form and email them to email@example.com. You can download them by clicking on the links below.
Once we have received your form, we will be in touch to discuss where and how you can get involved, and ask you to come in for a chat, to see what we do and to meet the team. You may be asked to attend a training session for some of our roles which we will let you know.
We will support you in starting your role and you will be supported by other volunteers, either through ‘Fly on The Wall’ shifts or by working alongside another volunteer.
Thank you for your interest; your time effort will help those most in need in our local community.
For more information or if you have any questions, please get in touch with Jo Burns on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01933 733001