Rev Philip Evans and Dr David Smart each gave a very relevant and practical presentation on different aspects of mental health and wellbeing at the East Northants Leaders’ Lunch on Wednesday 25th October.
The slides used by Philip in his presentation (albeit slightly clipped at the edges in a few cases) are available at Philip Evans presentation – Oct 2017
Philip has also since posted the main points covered in his blog, at https://prevanstherapeuo.blogspot.co.uk/.
In addition to the two presentations and associated discussion, the following spoke briefly about their organizations and their work:
- Mark Lees – Chair of the East Northants Faith Group – mentioning his willingness for ENFG to bring together faith-based and secular/community organizations, both within East Northamptonshire and beyond, on mental health and many other issues.
- Nick Amis, local contact for the Cinnamon Network, which promotes a wide range of church-based community projects, including Renew 37 near Nottingham, as mentioned by Philip Evans.
- Denise Peck – Mental Health Navigator for East Northamptonshire – one of several who were present, focusing on different parts of the county, but working closely together
- Anna Carroll of the Futures Housing Group, working mostly in the Daventry area to provide Telecare services, using assistive technology; and
- Nigel Mansfield of MIND, noting that MIND runs a range of wellbeing courses all year round, in the Wellingborough area and elsewhere.